This position will ideally be located on Phoenix, AZ
or Washington DC.
All we do, and how we do it, seeks to promote God’s beauty,
goodness, and truth in a broken world. As such, we are defined by
our ability to make people’s lives measurably better; our ability
to deliver impact is the measure of our collective success. For we
know that we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do
good works, which God has already prepared in advance for us to do.
At Food for the Hungry, we operate under a set of values called
We are moved and inspired by our Christian belief that every person
has intrinsic value, and that it’s our responsibility to advocate
for the poor and marginalized without regard to race, creed, or
nationality, and without adverse distinction of any kind. We serve
on the basis of need alone. We strive to respect the culture and
customs of the people we serve in order to preserve their humanity
AND YET HOPE REMAINS
Check out the link for a 1-minute video on FH
Directs all marketing and communications enterprise-wide
initiatives across all channels to drive donor awareness,
acquisition engagement, and retention of private donors and
strategies to promote our work and engage with public and
institutional donors. Creates strategies for enterprise marketing
efforts, promoting the full expression of FH’s work and impact in
the countries in which FH serves. Must be a strategist and
tactician; understanding how to develop strategies to meet
organizational goals and developing the tactics necessary to
fulfill the strategies. Along with the Chief Development Officer,
develops and executes the overall marketing strategy. Responsible
for managing and implementing marketing, fundraising and
communication strategies. Manages the agencies executing the direct
mail and digital fundraising programs. Has direct responsibility
for new online and direct mail donor and sponsor acquisition.
Manages development and integration of online and offline marketing
such that FH private and public donors see one seamless marketing
effort with an opportunity to communicate and give through the
channel(s) of their choice. Responsible for stewarding FH Brand
globally for both private and public resource development. Partners
with the Public Development & Strategic Resources team in
promoting our work with USG, multilateral organizations, and
institutional foundations. Manages the marketing budget for all
staffing, resources, and campaigns. Responsible for growing FH
visibility and brand awareness.
Manage Marketing and Communications Teams
• Manage and motivate highly skilled marketing and communications
• Manage the marketing and communications budget for all staffing,
resources, and campaigns.
• Develop a strategic decision-making, prioritization, and
• Oversee both internal and external communications so the
messaging is on brand and is shared in a way that inspires and
encourages the public and staff.
Create and Implement Marketing Strategies
• Working with the Marketing team to develop the FH marketing
• Develop marketing strategies to be executed from the marketing
• Identify and manage necessary resources for campaign
• Work with vendors, contractors, and staff to execute campaigns
with income deliverables.
• Identify and implement tools for marketing automation.
• Accountable for measuring and reporting campaign results.
• Direct the development of the agency strategic planning process
with a strong focus on ROI.
• Implement the direct mail, digital, influencer fundraising
strategy to meet fundraising goals.
• Manage the vendors providing direct mail services.
• Review and approve fundraising assets.
• Develop new fundraising sources.
• Work with digital marketing to manage the development of fh.org
and other FH affiliated websites.
• Direct marketing strategies.
• Manage campaigns to meet fundraising goals.
Pursue personal and professional development
• Pursue Professional Development: Intentionally take part in
beneficial education opportunities that result in further
certification and expertise in the nonprofit industry, marketing,
and project management.
• Study and Research Best Practices: Learn from like-minded
organizations to the extent that proposals are made for our own
organization and partners are made externally to end poverty
• Serve as a representative of FH and as a thought leader with
nonprofit associations and interagency working groups.
Other duties as assigned.
Job Level Specifications
• Vibrant personal relationship with Jesus Christ, a Christian
commitment to serving the poor and in full agreement with FH’s
• Ability to drive change in how FH communicates both internally
and externally with creative digital tools and products.
• Demonstrated computer-operating skills, including proficiency in
Google platforms, Microsoft Office products, and virtual
technologies such as Skype and Zoom.
• Proficiency in spoken and written English.
• Ability to communicate effectively across various levels of the
• Ability to sit/stand at a computer for up to 8 hours a day doing
repetitive motions on a keyboard.
• Collaborate with management and team members within the
department and other areas of the organization.
• Represent the department internally or externally following FH’s
organizational values and strategies.
• Ability to travel up to 10% of time per year in the US and
internationally, to insecure countries or locations.
• Minimum 10 years of experience in marketing and communications,
with at least 8 years of experience in a leadership role.
• 7 years of experience achieving ambitious fundraising goals and
leading teams toward revenue growth.
• Bachelor’s degree.
• Master’s degree preferred.
This role has supervisor responsibilities.
FH strives to provide an environment free from sexual exploitation
and abuse and harassment in all places where relief and development
programs are implemented. FH holds a zero-tolerance policy against
sexual exploitation and abuse and harassment. FH expects its
employees to maintain high ethical standards, protect
organizational integrity and reputation, and ensure that FH work is
carried out in honest and fair methods, in alignment with the
Heartbeat Values and safeguarding and associated policies.
Violations to stated policies will be subject to corrective action
up to and including termination of employment.